Housing Options & Planning Enterprises, Inc. provides Financial Literacy, and Housing Options, through Counseling, Education, and Development. Housing Options & Planning Enterprises, Inc. (H.O.P.E.) is a nonprofit organization that provides the community with financial literacy, pre-purchase housing counseling and foreclosure intervention programs. The Company is a minority owned business, founded in 2004, registered with the State of Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. The Company is headquartered at 6188 Oxon Hill Road, Suite 700, Oxon Hill, MD 20745.
Our mission is to ensure equal access to housing for all persons through counseling, education, and advocacy. H.O.P.E. offers a wide range of services de-signed to foster self-sufficiency and help people find and keep the housing that meets their needs.
H.O.P.E. main goal:
to be the recognized leader in financial literary, urban development, homeownership, and homeowner solutions of the Washington Metropolitan Community. Our work will reflect innovation, imagination and intelligence through education and excellence, creating exceptional solutions for our clients which foster self-sufficiency, to enhance the quality of human life in the community.
H.O.P.E. Inc. believes that:
● Credit and Homeownership are the primary means for working families to build assets.
● Credit is the single most important element in controlling financial affairs.
● Financial Literacy fosters financial stability for individuals and the entire community.
● Homeownership is good for families, neighborhoods, and the economy.
● Homeownership is the key, to financial independence, and accumulation of wealth.
● Homeownership builds stronger, safer, and healthier communities.
● Homeownership raises self-esteem and confidence for families.
● Homeownership is a symbol of success which gives families a greater sense of freedom, security, empowerment and independence.
Donna Hurley – President and Executive Director
Jermaine Badgett – Vice President/Development Manager
Jan McNerney – Director of Housing
Board of Directors
Jermaine Badgett, Chair
Jason Hurley, Secretary
Christopher Gross, Treasurer
Natasha Nicole Price
Home Ownership Advisor
Marcela Fleming (bilingual) – Counselors
LaShawn Woodward-Hall – Counselors
Cherelle Hood-Silue – Counselors
Barbara Covert – Education Coordinator